Ecofriendly hotel in Denmark
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) is a great part of Rungstedgaard, an eco-friendly hotel. We work in accordance with the UN's world goals, and are also strongly anchored in the local environment. Below, you can read about which charities we support, and how we work with CSR.
CERTIFICATES & PARTNERS
It's the way we are ecofriendly
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) and suistainability has always been a big part of Rungstedgaard. We work with UN sustainability development goal #7 and #12 and we are well anchored socially in the local community, where we, amongst other initiatives mentor 2 high school classes throughout their entire schooling.
- Rungstedgaard has been rewarded the bronze ecological dinning brand, which means that 30-60% of all raw materials are ecology grown. All greens and edible flowers used in our cozy a la carte restaurant, The Lounge, comes from our own eco grown chefs garden.
- We have been rewarded with the Green Key from Horesta for several years now. As an environmentally friendly company, we need to live up to many concreate and relevant demands, which are verified through a thorough approval process and ongoing control visits.
- We have chosen to work with UN Sustainable goals #7 (ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all) and #12 (responsible consumption and production).
#7: We have climate certificate in both bio natural gas and sustainable water/ power energy.
#12: Our kitchen uses locally/domestic produced raw materials and we only serve sustainable fish. We also have a selection of homemade products in our boutique, such as coffee scrub, homemade confiture and honey from our own beehives.
- As one of two hotels in Denmark, we are very proud to have been awarded the IACC "Green Star" certificate in gold.
- We have a collaboration with Daka ReFood to ensure that all excess food is being re-used in a sustainable way.
Together we care about people, planet & profit
Watch the video to get an idea of the strategic sustainable goals we work with at Rungstedgaard.
If you have any questions or wish to know more about how we work with sustainability, please contact Susanne Simonsen at email@example.com.